Life sometimes brings difficult situations or circumstances that can leave us feeling run-down, drained, worn-out, and threadbare. These are the times we most desperately need prayer, but they can also be the times we simply don’t have the words to form a prayer.
In Threadbare Prayer, Stacey Thacker presents 100 simple yet heartfelt devotions to guide readers on the days they don’t know what to pray. Each entry in this attractive, gift-worthy devotional contains a Bible verse, a brief thought, and a simple, concise prayer to encourage the reader’s heart.
From the Introduction
1. having the nap worn off so as to lay bare the threads of the warp and woof, as a fabric, garment, etc.
I propped my feet on the ottoman and noticed my jeans had finally worn thin enough at the knee to be considered stylish.
Threadbare they are.
I picked the string still holding on for dear life and thought, How appropriate. I’m feeling every bit threadbare myself.
My nap has worn off.
Worn to the naked thread.
I’m hanging on for dear life.
- Features 100 devotions including a Bible verse, a brief thought, and threadbare prayer.
- Helps guide readers on days they don’t know what to pray.
- Make a great women’s gift.
- Attractive hardcover devotional book with 2-color interior.