Women of the Bible Who Changed the World
A Six Week Bible Study
Available September 3, 2019
Learn from the fierce women of God who changed the world.
The word fierce is trendy. It is used to describe women who are extreme athletes, high-level executives, or supermodels. Women at the top of their game. But what about the rest of us? Can we be fierce? Absolutely! In fact, women like us have been changing the world for thousands of years—many who received little fanfare yet lived fiercely anyway. In this six-week study we will look at lesser-known female characters in the Bible and the ways they changed the world by living into God’s calling, including:
- The midwives of Egypt (Shiphrah and Puah), who made hard decisions in the face of evil
- Deborah, who was an unlikely and powerful leader
- Naaman's slave girl, who bravely points others to God's healing power
- The Woman at the Well, who boldly repented and shared her faith
- Lois and Eunice, who parented with intentionality and effectiveness
- Dorcas, who showed kindness to those in need.
As we explore their lives, we will discover how we too can live into our callings, honor the Lord, and even change the world through our courage, faithfulness, and obedience.
Jennifer Cowart is the executive pastor at Harvest Church, a United Methodist congregation in Warner Robins, GA. She co-preaches and directs Discipleship and Emerging Ministries at Harvest UMC. She earned degrees in Christian Education and Counseling. In 2001, she helped start Harvest Church with husband Jim Cowart, which now serves 3,000 people in six weekend worship services.
Fierce - Women's Bible Study DVD
Fierce - Women's Bible Study Leader Guide
Fierce - Women's Bible Study Participant Workbook
Below you will find any available PDF downloads, videos, images, and leader helps to assist you in your study.