Learn from the fierce women of God who changed the world.
The word fierce is trendy. It is used to describe women who are extreme athletes, high-level executives, or supermodels. Women at the top of their game. But what about the rest of us? Can we be fierce? Absolutely! In fact, women like us have been changing the world for thousands of years—many who received little fanfare yet lived fiercely anyway. In this six-week study we will look at lesser-known female characters in the Bible and the ways they changed the world by living into God’s calling, including:
- The midwives of Egypt (Shiphrah and Puah), who made hard decisions in the face of evil
- Deborah, who was an unlikely and powerful leader
- Naaman's slave girl, who bravely points others to God's healing power
- The Woman at the Well, who boldly repented and shared her faith
- Lois and Eunice, who parented with intentionality and effectiveness
- Dorcas, who showed kindness to those in need.
As we explore their lives, we will discover how we too can live into our callings, honor the Lord, and even change the world through our courage, faithfulness, and obedience.
Bible Study Features:
- A six-week study of lesser-known female characters in the Bible.
- Helps women consider how they can be fierce women of God.
- Workbook includes five devotional lessons for every week of study.
- Each DVD segment features an opening “fierce” vignette followed by engaging Bible teaching with practical life application.
Other components for the Bible study, available separately, include a Participant Workbook and Leader Guide.
The DVD contains six video segments featuring Jennifers's dynamic teaching for use during the group sessions, and offers closed captioning.
In this introductory video, Jen sets the stage for a study of lesser known but truly incredible women of the Old and New Testaments who teach us what it means to be a fierce woman of God.
In this video segment, Jen introduces us to Shiprah and Puah, midwives of Egypt who pushed beyond their fear to honor God, ultimately blessing the entire nation of Israel. We too can overcome our fears to serve God by faithfully serving others.
This week Jen introduces us to Deborah, an Old Testament prophetess and spiritual leader who also bravely led the Israelite army. Like Deborah, we can encourage ourselves in the Lord and step out bravely to do the big things God is calling us to do.
In this video segment, Jen shares lessons we can learn from an unnamed servant girl who shared her faith in a practical way with the very people who held her captive. We can follow her example and show kindness to those who don’t deserve it.
This week Jen explores the story of the woman at the well to remind us that Jesus wants to give each of us a rich and satisfying life whatever our circumstances might be. He offers us the gift of living water, a gift that changes us so that we may change the world.
In this video segment Jen gives us understanding into the life of Dorcas, who used her talents and abilities to bless others and, in the end, wound up being blessed in a mighty way. When we put our talents, abilities, spiritual gifts, and experiences into God’s hands, He is able to do more than we could ever imagine.
In this final video segment, Jen uses the example of Lois and Eunice to remind us that the intentional choices we make to help others develop and grow in faith leave a lasting legacy. How we share our faith is pivotal in shaping those we love and enriching the world.